The LinkScanner feature in the AVG is a completely useless feature in my opinion. It doesn’t help at all but instead making your browser super slow! You have 2 options:
Option 1: Disable the LinkScanner feature
- Double click the AVG icon on your lower right.
- Click on the “Link Scanner” and you will see the following page
- Uncheck “Enable AVG Search-Shield”, “AVG Active Surf-Shield”
Option 2: Disable the add-on in your browser
- Go to “Tools –> Ad-ons” and you see the following screen.
- Look for the “AVG Safe Search” and click “Disable”
For Internet Explorer:
- Go to “Tools –> Manage Ad-ons” and you see the following screen.
- Look for the “AVG Safe Search” under AVG Technologies and click on “Disable” button.
P/S: I will suggest AVG to completely remove this useless feature and I don’t think that is not really necessary but will only make the browser runs slower. Having the “Resident Shield” is good enough…