Friday, August 10, 2007

Best Free Dictionary - WordWeb

I have tried Babylon dictionary which is used to be my favorite until they force me to pay for the software. It keeps popping up a message box asking me to upgrade to full paid version. This is really very annoying. Then, at one point in time I decided to uninstall the Babylon and search for the dictionary from download.com.

I tried couples of dictionary software including the Oxford Dictionary of English (Second Edition) 2.2 , Merriam Webster's Concise Dictionary and etc. The sad news is none of them satisfy me until I found WordWeb. I have been using this dictionary quite sometime until today. I have no complains about this software.

To download this WordWeb dictionary software, click here.

Few tips to configure the WordWeb for my personal preference which you may also find useful.

  1. Go to the Hot Key Settings. Click Options Menu->WordWeb HotKey...
  2. I will configure the Hot Key based on the following:


After the Hot Key setting, I basically just need to hold my "Ctrl" key and "Right Mouse" click on any words that I can view from my windows and it automatically shows the meaning of the word that I click. I can do this to windows icon, windows menu, almost really everything that you can click from your windows. This is really awesome. I hope they don't force to buy or upgrade one day later just like what Babylon did to me.

5 Comments:

Hijaz said...

I've tried this software and it's really great.

Recommended! Go try!

ChampDog said...

Hopefully it will continue as the freeware. Will you pay for it if they charge you? I think I won't.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recommendation. This dictionary is really handy. I don't think I will pay if they start charging.

Stephen Austin said...

Wordweb won't bug you to pay for an upgrade. The free version is fine.

ChampDog said...

Yes, I agree. That is the good thing about WordWeb. :)


Didn't find what you want? Use Google Search Engine below: