Thursday, August 23, 2007

Improve Windows XP or Vista System Performance

Sometimes I just feel sad when I use my friend or my colleague's PC and their system performance is really unacceptable SLOW!!! So I'm thinking to share this very simple tips to you guys. Hopefully you can find it useful or at least can improve your Windows performance.

Ok, if you like all the fancy Windows Effects stuff and it's default UI apperance and you're okay with it's existing performance, you can ignore this post. However, if your Windows performance really affects your productivity(which is my case), and you don't really care the Windows Effects and appearance, what you can do is to DISABLE ALL THE FANCY WINDOWS EFFECT STUFFS.

In XP, go to:
Start -> Control Panel -> System -> Advanced

In Vista, go to:
Start -> Setting -> Control Panel -> System and Maintenance -> System -> Advanced System Settings

The "system property" dialog box appears:



Click the setting in the performance, "Performance Options" dialog appears:



Well, just click "Adjust for best performance" and click OK. Now your system performance has been increase by 20%!!! The 20% is my feeling, don't quote me and I do not have any data to support it. Anyhow, I can really feel the performance increase. How do you feel?

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Good tips! My windows now run faster. But I don't think 20% faster. It is just a little bit faster only.

ChampDog said...

Ya, perhaps 20% is too much. I don't really measure it. But at least we can feel the fastness and improve our productivity (at least myself). Anyway, if I want cool fancy UI stuff, I will go for Mac. Don't you think so?


Didn't find what you want? Use Google Search Engine below: