As you might have already faced this issue many times, somehow Windows (XP or Vista) always has a problem to delete files or folders occasionally. What is wrong with Windows? I have no idea… It shouldn’t happen if we have close all the programs but somehow it doesn’t work.
Here are the few versions of our friend:
- Cannot delete file: Access is denied
- Cannot delete folder: There has been a sharing violation
- Cannot delete file: It is being used by another person or program
- Cannot delete folder: Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use.
(1) Close all open programs
(2) Open a Command Prompt window and leave it open.
- Start->Programs->Accessories->Command Prompt
- Select “Shut Down..” from the Start menu.
- Hold CLTR+SHIFT+ALT and press the CANCEL button.
- Go back to the Command Prompt Window and CD to the directory where you want to delete your files or folders (i.e. del /f
, rd /s ) Press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to run the Task Manager Click File->New Task(Run…) Type Explorer Open text box and click OK. Close the Task Manager