Saturday, September 19, 2009

Best Media Player & Codec - VLC Review

After using VideoLAN Client (i.e. VLC) media player for few weeks, I have to admit that VLC is so far the best video player and codec. I would recommend everyone to use this media player. It comes together with the video codec itself.


What so cool about VLC?

  1. VLC can play RMVB format without installing real player.
  2. VLC can play MKV format (i.e. full HD video source).

What not so good about VLC?
  1. Moving the video progress bar is not very smooth and out of sync with the video playback. This is only for playing the real player video format file (i.e. RMVB). Playing other video format (e.g. mkv, mp4, wmv, avi and etc) files is fine.


This guy can play all my video format files unlike Storm Codec, some of the flash video (i.e. FLV) file cannot be played at all. Too bad the K-Lite Codec doesn't support MKV that leaves me no choice to vote VLC is the “Best Video Media Player and Codec”.

By the way, VLC is an open source software and it is completely free. Please give it a try and let me know your comments. I love it is simply I no longer need to install real player and also can play MKV files. :)

Download VLC media player here.

p/s: It looks like there are some other cool features (e.g. TV streaming?) in VLC but I don't have a chance to give it a try.

2 Comments:

audio codecs said...

VLC media player is really cool? Do you know how can play samr format with it?

ChampDog said...

Yes, heard that may not be that straight forward that you will need to recompile the VLC.

What is samr format anyway? I seldom have received this kind of audio format. :D


Didn't find what you want? Use Google Search Engine below: