Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Best Video Codec - K-Lite Codec Pack

Have problems watching the Video format that you just downloaded? Just give it a try, K-Lite Codec Pack. This is the best codec that I have tried so far. There are 3 version of of the K-Lite Codec Pack:

  1. Basic
  2. Standard
  3. Full
To make it simple, just download the Full version. This is what I usually do. I will basically install everything except the player -Media Player Classic. Honestly there is no point to install the player since the windows has already come with the player (Windows Media Player).

Download the K-Lite Codec here.

After you install, all kind of video format can be played except for Real Player format (e.g. *.rmvb). So what I normally do is to download it from www.download.com, just do a "Real Player" search. The reason I don't want to download from official real player website is because it mentions 14 days trial in the website. I have no idea why they want to do this. I thought real player is the freeware? Nevertheless, what I downloaded from download.com has no expired date so far. I have been using more than a year. It is completely free!

[Update: 19 Sept 2009]

I recently tried VLC media player and I found that it is better than K-Lite Codec. You no longer need to download Real Player anymore. You can check out my
VLC review here.

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

This sound too good to miss. However I am happy with Nero Vision. If I come across some issues I know what to do.

audio codecs said...

These is really a great codec but some guyz have issues with it!..

ChampDog said...

What issue? I think for now IMO, VLC is the best as it can play almost everything.


Didn't find what you want? Use Google Search Engine below: